Saturday, February 9, 2013

One Of Those Weeks

This was one of those weeks.  One of those weeks where the days are long the evenings short and by Wednesday I feel like I've been juggling for a month  .But these are the times when I try to find and cherish the small moments.  This week I sat with adoptive parents and birth parents and foster parents and babies and teenagers, and I saw joy born of grief.  And I celebrated the passage of time and what life can bring when you are open to change.

 Then I cam home and bandaged  cuts and iced boo boos and soothed hurt feelings and tended my own little flock.  I shared pancakes, tea, and British melodramas with my Mom.  Then finally on Friday the boys helped me to welcome the hubby home from a work trip.  This week brought tears of frustration and tears of laughter. I turned around and my baby was a toddler and my big boy was crushing hard on the class beauty and my toddler turned into a preschooler.

 It was a hard week but also a good week to be a social worker and a Mommy.  Can't wait to see what next week brings...

1 comment: