Sunday, May 2, 2010

Scooby Scooby Doo Where Are You?

The Scooby Doo extravaganza has come to an end. We're done with round one of birthday celebrations. Round two will take place over Mother's Day weekend and on Robert's actual birthday next Monday. Everyone was pretty wiped out from the party..although it seemed to be a big success. Afterward Robert said he wanted to have another one just like it next year.

Every year I swear it is going to be a simple affair, family only and maybe a couple of friends and every year it spirals out of control...it reached its zenith when Robert turned three and his entire class plus siblings (about 20 kids altogether) showed up at our house and descended on the gymboree tumble bus thingy. That was the last party we had at the house I think...anyway this year we had just the right number of kids....and I bought everything Scooby Doo related..cake, goodies, etc. I want to be the Mom who makes a cake from scratch and crafts homemade takeaways months in advance,but that ain't happening. All in all it was a fun day. Even Ethan seemed to enjoy himself, he was full of cake and ice cream courtesy of the four grandparents and one Tia present.

In other news, Robert will portray Rainforest Tree # 2 in his class play on Tuesday. Ethan got a little trim of the bangs thanks to my talented friend Kim. Work is super slow right now (all the military families are getting ready to move). But I am thinking about doing a very specific kind of training in a few weeks which may prove to be beneficial. Hunter's work is super busy right now. My class reunion is mere weeks away and I am getting excited and a little nervous. That's about it.

Except that as I type God knows how much oil is seeping toward one of the places I love most on the earth...more about that when I get my head around it. I think I'll buy some shrimp for dinner though because it may be awhile before I get anymore.

Photos of the birthday bash and Ethan's first hair cut will be forthcoming.

What I'm reading : Finished The Help, Listening to South of Broad by Pat Conroy and reading Outcasts United by Warren St. John.
What I'm listening to : John Hiatt and Kids stuff (always)

No comments:

Post a Comment