Monday, February 22, 2010







A few words about the Social Worker in the title..that's me. I love my job, I meet all kinds of people in all sorts of situations. I help them figure out how to make their lives, and the lives of their families better. I make my own hours and take my kids to work with me whenever I need or want to. My office is part of historic Pratt village, two blocks from each of the boys' schools and next door to their pediatrician.
About six years ago I told a friend of mine that I dreamed of having an office in an historic building in downtown Prattville, that I'd be able to walk Robert to school from there and work only when he was in school. All of that came true and more, what's the verse about "without a vision the people perish" This little office costs a fortune to heat, leans sideways (literally) and took about a thousand gallons of paint (and many hours from my sweet hubby and Dad) on the interior walls...but to me it represents that God wants to give us all that we ask for and more. We are meant to live abundantly, not always easily or even happily, but abundantly nonetheless.





No comments:

Post a Comment